Do you have excellent livestock skills, strong attention to detail and a passion for dairy genetics? Do you want to be at the cutting edge of the genetics industry? Do you aspire for an unusual, rewarding and interesting role? Our client – a global leader in bovine genetics – requires a Bull rearer/Admin assistant to be a key part of the team at their bull stud located in Cheshire. This unusual and unique role requires the upmost animal care and husbandry skills, biosecurity awareness and attention to detail in both health and welfare and record keeping amongst other key attributes.
- Handling livestock, undertake responsibility for the daily care and animal welfare of all rearing livestock i.e. cleaning, feeding, watering and all factors relating to maintenance, breeding and good health and ensure a clean and healthy environment is maintained
- Must be livestock free and bio-security conscious to ensure the protocols are followed within the stud
- Perform duties with excellent stockmanship and be alert for signals of ill health and monitor feed intakes and DLWG
- Organise the testing and movement of new breeding bulls from Farm to other facilities
- To ensure there is an auditable trail of completed health tests, approved by the Company Vet prior to any bull movements either into, within or on exit from the CBL herd
- To ensure compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements for all Company bulls.
- Responsible for acquiring DNA and parentage results for purchased bulls
- Tracking sample submissions and notifying internal staff in a timely manor of lab results
- Responsible for ensuring the CBL Access and CMS database records are accurately maintained up-to-date. Administer veterinary and livestock paperwork as required
- A hardworking individual committed to achieving shared team goals.
- Organised and meticulous on detail.
- Knowledge of or previous experience of farm/veterinary admin experience.
- Prior experience of rearing young stock and animal husbandry
- Must be livestock clean
- Experience of Microsoft packages
The role would entail working Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm with additional hours on a rota covering basic tasks at weekends. In return for your efforts a competitive salary is on offer along with benefits to include annual leave entitlement up to 25 days following 2 years service plus bank holidays, Pension, Life Assurance (4 times basic salary), Employee Discounts.