Are you passionate about breeding the best progeny? Are you skilled at matching the bull to the cow to achieve better replacements?
Our client – a leading and award winning bovine genetics company – is seeking to appoint a Dairy Herd Mating Evaluator for the West Wales region. The company, a forward thinking and world renowned business, places its people at the centre of delivering fertility and breeding services to clients in more than 60 countries world wide. World class genetics, semen from proven bulls from the UK’s largest bull stud coupled with innovative services and excellent customer service is the ethos with a consultative approach to their farmer clients is the ethos. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager in your area It will be your responsibility to provide a first class advisory service to dairy and beef farmers on the clients portfolio of products and services to achieve improvements to the customers herd.
Duties will include. but not limited to:
- To run an efficient service utilising the pedigree mating service where possible
- To Build effective relationships with customers to deliver a service that meets their breeding requirements
- Provide support across departments including Precision and Sales in delivering a professional service to new and existing customers
- To manage and update the supporting IT database
- To provide detailed action reports (in MAP) to customers and sales staff
- Take responsibility for all record keeping and herd reports
- Manage your own diary and accommodate customer and sales staff requests where possible
- Continuously develop and improve the working practices of both you and your team
The successful candidate will have a strong dairy background, excellent knowledge of pedigree and commercial dairy cattle breeding and be passionate about improving herd performance. You will recognise that herd profitability stems from efficient fertility and be looking to make a difference on your clients farms. As well as obvious cattle skills and knowledge you will be an excellent communicator, customer focused and IT literate. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary package including pension, life assurance, regular time off and ongoing training and development opportunities that encourages growth within the business. Those with the dairy experience but crucially a can do attitude, professional approach and a customer centric mentality will succeed in this role.