Are you passionate about breeding the best progeny?
Do you recognise fertility as the foundation of a profitable dairy business?
Our client – a leading and award winning bovine genetics company – is seeking to appoint a Genetics Consultant for the South West Wales area. The company, a forward thinking and world renowned business, places its people at the centre of delivering fertility and breeding services to clients in more than 60 countries world wide. World class genetics, semen from proven bulls from the UK’s largest bull stud coupled with innovative services and excellent customer service is the ethos with a consultative approach to their farmer clients is the ethos. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager in your area It will be your responsibility to provide a first class advisory service to dairy and beef farmers on the clients portfolio of products and services to achieve improvements to the customers herd.
Duties will include. but not limited to:
- Establishing & maintaining good customer relationships and provide excellent customer service at all times by understanding the customers business need
- Providing farmers with the best advice and options on how they meet their individual targets on farm and make recommendations for improvements
- Managing and building a portfolio of customers in order to achieve your individual targets
- Reviewing, planning and prioritising your daily farm visits
- Developing & maintaining your knowledge of the portfolio of products & services and maintain your knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Continually developing and improving both yourself and working practices
The successful candidate will have a strong dairy background, excellent knowledge of pedigree and commercial dairy cattle breeding and be passionate about improving herd performance. You will recognise that herd profitability stems from efficient fertility and be looking to make a difference on your clients farms. As well as obvious cattle skills and knowledge you will have a strong and proven back ground in fast paced and focused sales, be an excellent communicator, customer focused and IT literate. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary package including pension, life assurance, regular time off and ongoing training and development opportunities that encourages growth within the business. Those with the dairy experience but crucially a can do attitude, professional approach and a customer centric mentality will succeed in this role.